Membership and Boat Park
|Adult (21 and over)||45|
|Cadet (16-17) or Pre-Cadet (12-15)||16|
|Single Parent with one child*||65|
* This is only available to genuine single parent families.
Boat Park/Mooring Charges
|Type of Space||2019|
|Boat on Launching Trolley on grass or Pico rack||85|
|Space on Oppie Rack||70|
|Dinghy in Vertical Rack||50|
1) Entry Fee – those aged 21 and over are required to pay an entry fee on joining the club. This is equivalent to the first year’s membership fee.
2) We welcome applications for membership and you can download the Application Form and Guidance Notes from here (see below). Applicants over 15 years of age do not have to have sponsors or proposers and seconders.
3) Applications are approved at monthly Management Committee meetings. Those whose applications are approved between October and December do not have to pay a renewal fee in the following January, i.e. their membership lasts for 15/14/13 months.
4) Those who are not sure whether they would like to join the club may take out Temporary Membership for one month (download Temp Memp Application Form and Junior Member Indemnity Form below). This may not be repeated but those who then wish to become Full Members can count the Temporary Membership fee already paid as part of their Full Membership fee if they join before the end of the term of their Temporary Membership. Temporary Members do not have access to our training courses and may not hire club-owned dinghies.
5) For more information contact the Membership Secretary, Melinda Measor (01983 760462, email@example.com).
Boat Park & Moorings
The boat park is principally for dinghies 12 ft long or under. The Sailing Committee, at its discretion, permits some boats up to 14 ft long to be admitted. Applicants should consult the Sailing Secretary.
The moorings are normally for Scows and similarly sized sailing dinghies.
Dinghies racing at the Club must have a Portsmouth Yardstick rating of not less than 1080.
Boats are required to be adequately insured, in particular against third party claims to a minimum of £3,000,000 (three million pounds), when on a Club mooring, in the dinghy park, or participating in a Club event.
All members with boats in the boat park or on a mooring must have paid for their spaces.
The boat space/mooring is hired by the owner, not the boat. If a member sells his boat to another club member, the space and the fee paid are not transferable. If a member no longer requires his space, he must inform the Sailing Secretary who will offer it to the next person on the waiting list, if there is one.
There is a cut-off date of 30th June. This means that a member giving up a boat space before 1st July will have half the annual fee refunded. Anyone taking on a space after 30th June will only be required to pay half the annual fee.
Boats, trolleys and equipment should be clearly marked with the owner’s surname.
All boats must be returned to the correct space after use. We will try to allocate spaces to reflect the amount the boats are sailed. If you would like a different space, please ask. If there is a waiting list for spaces, members who do not use their boats may be asked to remove them as we wish to encourage active members.
Boats must be on serviceable launching trolleys, not road trailers. Please help those mowing the grass by purchasing a trolley with pneumatic tyres and making sure that your wheels do not have punctures. If you need a new wheel or inner tube, please ask as we may have some for sale. There is no space available for members’ road trailers but we do have one for hire (contact Sailing Secretary).
Oppies must be stored upside down on the racks to avoid becoming waterlogged and causing damage to other boats and the racks. All of them, particularly those on the top racks, must be tied down securely as they can blow off in severe gales.
During the winter, all loose gear should be removed from the boat park. Sails in particular are popular with the local mice who have been known to shred them when short of more palatable food. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Sailing Secretary: Melinda Measor (01983 760462, firstname.lastname@example.org)